You made the commitment to focus on your and your family’s health and wellness when you joined the Y. Let us help you be successful for the long haul, because when you focus on your own health you inspire others to do the same.
- Need an emotional lift? A gym workout or a 30-minute walk will stimulate the same brain chemicals that can make you feel happier and more relaxed. And exercising regularly helps to boost your energy and improve your self- esteem.
- Struggling to fall or stay asleep? Regular physical activity during the day (not too close to bedtime) helps you fall asleep fast and deepens your sleep, leading to great mornings, more productive work days, and better school test scores.
Our wellness instructors are here for you; whether you need help getting started, a refreshed program as boredom is setting in or you have decided to train for your first marathon, we can and will help.
During your orientation you will be walked through all aspects of living a healthy life and leave with a clear program for success. The goals are yours and the program is yours. Typical orientations include the following components:
- General introduction to the facility
- Discussion around possible health concerns
- Goal setting; short and long term
- Warming up
- Flexibility work
- Cardio vascular training
- Resistance training
- Cooling down
- Program review
Our wellness instructors are always available to change, amend or refresh your program whenever you need them to.