Cancer is a life-changing disease that takes a tremendous physical and emotional toll on those affected. The Y and LIVESTRONG® have joined together to create a research based program designed to help adult cancer survivors reclaim their total health.
LIVESTRONG at the YMCA focuses on the emotional well-being of survivors and their families by providing a supportive community where people can connect during treatment and beyond.
This 12 week small group program is designed for adult cancer survivors who have become de-conditioned or chronically fatigued from treatment or disease.
During this program you receive:
- A FREE 3-month YMCA membership for the survivor and the support person (family member or friend), granting full access to the YMCA facilities
- A Fitness Assessment
- Two 90 minute classes each week
- A small group setting (4-6 people)
- Unlimited support
- Improve energy levels & self esteem
- Build muscle mass and strength
- Increase flexibility and endurance
- Improve functional ability to do everyday tasks
- Reduce the severity of therapy side effects and prevent unwanted weight changes
- Develop an ongoing fitness program for participants to continue and practice a healthy lifestyle, not only as a part of recovery, but as a way of life