For over 150 years the YMCA has been working to improve the health of our community right here in Broome County!
As you embark on this 'joint replacement journey', we want to ensure you that both the YMCA and Lourdes are with you every step of the way. Our Joint Academy team will provide you with guidance, support and encouragement to maximize your results.
How we can help
- When you visit the 'Y' prior to surgery, we will determine your greatest needs and develop an exercise program that fits you.
- Once your surgery is complete, our Joint Academy Team will work alongside your Lourdes doctors and physical therapists to optimize your care, your recovery and ultimately your transition from 'rehab' to an active, pain free lifestyle.
- Once your recovery is complete, the 'Y' will always be here for you to ensure your continued good health and well-being.
We want you to have fitness for life!
Benefits of Joint Academy at the Y:
- An instant $50 savings, when we waive the joiner fee for you
- 2 months free! Join before your surgery date, and the Y will cover your membership costs for 2 months as you recover
- Free Wellness Center Orientation with a Joint Academy Instructor
- Unlimited land and water exercise classes, the use of both YMCA branches, discounts on programs and unlimited support
- Save money each month when you compare a $46 monthly membership to daily physical therapy co-pays