Interested in being part of something special? Interested in making a difference in a persons’ life? Then apply for our exciting Group Exercise Coordinator position at the YMCA of Broome County. The Group Exercise Coordinator provides leadership and direction to the Group Exercise programs in accordance with member needs and the YMCA’s philosophy. You will work with the Wellness Director in the overseeing daily operations for all Group Exercise programs and related services. The Group Exercise Coordinator will be positive and professional during interactions and work related relationships with all persons at the YMCA including but not limited to: members, guests, and team members as provided in the YMCA Employee Handbook.
• Assist in the training, selection, supervision and evaluation of the Group Exercise Instructors.
• Foster professional standards among instructors and members (role model for professional development).
• Monitor all Group Exercise Instructors to ensure they are providing safe, fun, effective, and motivational group exercise classes.
• Create and maintain Group Exercise schedule.
• Attend and help lead monthly staff meetings.
• Plan and assist with the delivery with special events for membership.
• Promote Group Exercise program to membership.
• Track and report statistics for all group exercise classes.
• Successful completion of group exercise instructor courses.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Leadership, decision-making, confrontation and problem solving skills.
• Personal commitment to fitness and wellness.
• Previous experience in group exercise, wellness, or personal training administration.
• The total time will be at least 20 hours/week. Work hours will be divided into a minimum of 10 hours of office/administrative duties, with the remaining time as fulfilled by Wellness Instructor and Group Exercise Instructor duties.
• The rate of pay will be $9.70 - $12.00 per hour, based on experience and duties performed.