Are you looking for a career with an organization that has 150 years of experience serving the needs of the community? Apply today to join our long standing history of quality service to Broome County!
The YMCA of Broome County is currently seeking a Finance Manager that will be located in our Binghamton, NY facility.
We offer a great working environment and competitive pay. Our excellent benefits for full-time staff include medical and dental insurance options, retirement, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, Y membership, paid time for training and many opportunities for career and personal growth.
The Finance Director will assume full responsibility for the finance department overseeing and executing all financial and accounting reporting, analytics, auditing and growth strategies for the organization. Confidentiality, attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential. The Finance Director will need to have managerial, communication and mentoring skills to effectively work alongside multiple department heads with the goal of enhancing financial processes and procedures.
The Qualifications for this position are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or a related field.
• 5 years’ experience with public accounting firm or performing broad based accounting preferably for a non-profit organization.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting and business principles and procedures. Knowledge of fund accounting preferred.
• Self-starter who must meet deadlines.
• Ability to understand the YMCA’s overall financial position and financial systems; ability to prepare and analyze complex financial and statistical records and statements.
• Experience working with computerized accounting systems.
• Analytical ability, flexibility, able to communicate effectively with people on all levels. Initiative, honesty and good judgment.
Job Type: Full-time